1/02/2007

Read the Bible Through This Year

Do you ever have trouble finding time to read the Bible daily? or, do you put it off altogether because of the busyness of life?

For the coming year I would like to recommend a daily Bible reading plan that even the busiest person in the world can follow. This plan will allow you to read the Old Testament once and the New Testament and Psalms twice. What's even more exciting is that you can receive your daily passages via a RSS feed.

I use Firefox for my browser so I just subscribe to the RSS feed I want and it is now easily available each day at the top of my browser (you can access multiple feeds, such as entries to this blog, this way by the way). All I have to do is click the feed I want, in this case the ESV One-Year Bible Reading Plan based on the M'Cheyne reading system from Crossway Bible & Good News Publishers, and it is all there ready to read... you can't get any easier than that!

To make it even easier they have provided an option which allows you to listen to each passage as read Max McLean. He is the creator of The ESV Listener's Bible (also available in KJV & NIV) and he reads it just like you would imagine it to sound. Michelle gave me the entire ESV Bible in mp3 for Christmas and I love it!!!

Either of these ways would be s super way to easily access Scripture while also being able to read through the entire Bible in a year. Although the passages are easy to access and relatively short, I would encourage you to still read carefully with great attention given to each passage.

No comments: