4/29/2007

If They Persecuted Me...

Tomorrow's Sunday School lesson is about Jesus' words to his disciples about the coming persecution. I must admit that I really have never experienced persecution for my faith. Inconvenienced maybe, but my safety has never been in danger due to being a follower of Christ.

Just today I was reading a letter from a colleague of the Christians brutally killed in Turkey recently. Please follow the link below to read the entire letter (Warning: some of the descriptions may be too graphic for some).

A letter to the Global Church from The Protestant Church of Smyrna

1 comment:

stephen lee cavness said...

i just posted something similar last week "dont cry persecution just yet..."

as americans, we are quick to invoke the language of persecution, but slow to think on what it is and what lack of it means.
thnaks for rthe reminder.