11/20/2007

Random Recommendation

I just wanted to take a moment to recommend Google Calendar for those of you who are like me and need help remembering things easily. I suggest you do yourself a favor and utilize this wonderfully useful and user-friendly application.

You can create multiple calendar categories (i.e. Personal, Church, School, Bills, Birthdays & Anniversaries, etc.). Then, the event for that category is displayed as a color-coded entry in the actual calendar. (FYI: your categories are called "Calendars" by Google)

Using a menu on your sidebar you can check mark the custom categories you've created so that only the ones you need/want appear on your calendar. You can also choose different views of your events by clicking an appropriate tab. For instance, you can choose to display this information by Day, Week, Month, Next 4 Days, and as an Agenda (list) view.

By the way, you can add a Bible reading plan from the ESV site that gives you what to read each day. You can find the appropriate information by visiting the ESV Bible iCal Subscription Site.

The navigation is VERY easy, and adding events is easier still. Google Calendar is much easier to use than Outlook and much more practical for everyday use. Of course you can also access it from any computer instead of lugging one around.

I use Gmail as my primary email so it makes it easy to click the "Calendar" link and just keep it open in its own tab in Firefox. I do that for both email and my calendar so they are just a click away!

There you have it! There are other features I did not mention so go check it out. I pray you will be able to use it, as I have, to help you be more productive and responsible.

No comments: