2/23/2008

T4G

I was unable to attend the first Together for the Gospel conference but I have been given the opportunity this time. Needless to say I am very excited! However, I want to be careful to be excited for the correct reasons.

I'm sure I will be encouraged and challenged by the speakers. But, I need to keep in mind that this is "Together for the Gospel" and not an occasion to stand in awe of (worship) heroes in the faith such as John Piper, Al Mohler, CJ Mahaney, and others. By virtue of the purpose of the conference I'm confident they would want us to focus on the Gospel and the unity it brings to believers instead of focusing on them.

I only mention this because I'm already having to battle against it. It is an awesome opportunity to sit under the preaching and teaching of gifted men of God like these, but I don't want to be "star struck" and miss the point altogether. I pray it will be a learning and growing experience, and I really look forward to meeting many new people who are "together for the gospel."

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

stephen lee cavness said...

i was there in '06 and had teh same thoughts. after one session iw as standing talking w/ some friends when piper, macarthur, sproul, dever, and mohler all walked right in front of us.

my friends and i just looked at eachother speechless...not because we "worshipped" them, but because that was probably the first an dlast time we would ever be within inches of that much "influence"!!

looking forward to seeing you there!

-stephen