9/04/2007

Never Forget

I just wanted to take a minute to ask that you pray for the family of SSGT. Delmar 'Dale' White. He was a member of the KY National Guard killed by a roadside bomb last week in Iraq. He also served in the USMC during Desert Storm back in 1991.

I knew him from our days at James A. Cawood High School as well as being practically neighbors back in my hometown of Wallins Creek, KY. His dad passed away a few years ago but his step-mother still lives there. I was good friends with his parents.

There have been many brave men and women who have given their lives for our freedom, but this is the first one that I knew personally. I'm ashamed to admit that I have taken the others for granted most of the time. Let us not forget their sacrifice and the freedom we enjoy on their behalf!

No comments: