4/23/2008

It's official...kind of

Upon final approval by our sponsoring church I will be officially called as Minister of Children & Families at Parkland Hills Baptist Church next week.

Our pastor first approached me close to two months ago so it has been difficult to keep it to myself. He first had to discuss it at a Mission Development Council meeting and await their approval. After what seemed like an eternity, it was unanimously approved by them last week.

Our church then took the next step and unanimously voted this past Sunday to call me to this position. It then is set to go back to our sponsoring church for them to formally approve things (only because they are voting to underwrite our budget to cover this salary line item).

I was under the impression that they would be voting tonight, but it turns out that they were only announcing a special called meeting for this coming Sunday where it will be addressed.

So, it isn't 100% official as of yet as I've prematurely told some people, but all involved say that there is full agreement so it is mostly a formality at this point. I have been waiting not-so-patiently up until now so I guess I can wait another few days.

I'll provide more information Sunday night or Monday sometime.

1 comment:

stephen lee cavness said...

congratulations! i know ya'll are excited to be entering into this next phase of life and ministry!