5/01/2008

It really is official this time

I am officially the Minister of Children & Families at Parkland Hills. There is no more voting that needs to be done by anyone (see previous posts).

It is exciting but also scary. I just need to remember to stay focused on the gospel and not get caught up in being a professional minister. In fact, I probably should re-read "Brothers, We Are Not Professionals."

I appreciate everyone's support and encouragement as Michelle and I begin this new phase of our lives and ministry. I covet your prayers in the days, months, and possibly years to come.

The 17th of May will be my last day where I currently work. I will miss the friends I've made there, although I WILL NOT miss the 45+ minute commute (sorry guys). I praise the Lord for providing such a wonderful job and a great group of people to work with the past year and nine months. Thanks especially to Stephen and Brad for your godly leadership.

"Whoever serves [must do it] as one who serves by the strength that God supplies-in order that in everything God may be glorified" - 1 Peter 4:11

Grace and peace!

1 comment:

stephen lee cavness said...

i have no doubt that you will glorify the lord in the service of your church..

stay in touch!