12/18/2007

Health Update

Thanks to all who prayed for my health situation mentioned in the previous post. My cold/flu is much better now. I still have a little head congestion, raspy voice, and an occasional cough but the chest congestion, body aches, fever, and overall 'blah' feeling are gone for the most part.

My back is also doing much better but it is probably going to take a while to completely heal. I still can't stand or sit for long periods of time but it seems to do fine if I alternate between the two. I was virtually pain free until all the coughing and sneezing (I assume that is what caused it to start hurting again). It doesn't hurt near as bad when actually moving around although bending over is still a little tricky at times.

As mentioned in the previous post, I have the name of a doctor I intend to contact if it doesn't improve dramatically soon. I'm giving it until the first of the year since I won't be in town to go to the doctor anyway.

I had this problem once before and it eventually cleared up with rest, pain medicine, and muscle relaxers (all legally prescribed of course). So, I'm hoping & praying a week of rest when we're home for Christmas will help more than anything. Losing weight wouldn't hurt either.

Until next time... grace & peace!

No comments: