12/15/2007

Prayer Request

It is nearly 2:00am and I am finally able to sit for a few minutes after dealing with nagging back/hip pain most of the day. I have the flu or a bad cold and cannot sleep because it is nearly impossible to breathe when laying down (or sitting up for that matter). So, it is kind of a double whammy going on at the moment.

The pain started over two weeks ago and had me laid up in bed for two whole days. Once I was able to get out of bed I was still unable to sit, stand, or move without much pain until last Friday night and Saturday. It had gotten much better, virtually pain free, until last night when I started coughing and sneezing.

I humbly request your prayers that I can get some relief so that I will be able to meet my responsibilities at work and with church duties. I have missed three days of work so far because of it, and possibly more depending on what the morning brings, and I hate that tremendously. Everyone is understanding and I'm pretty sure they know I wouldn't miss unless I really needed to, but I desire to be a responsible employee and not leave the company or my coworkers short handed.

I have gotten the name of a doctor I plan to contact if this situation doesn't clear up considerably in the very near future. I'm a little stubborn when it comes to going to the doctor but I know it may be for my own good. So, please pray that I can drop the prideful tough guy act.

I've rambled enough and have been sitting long enough as well. So, I'm going to go try and get some sleep. Thank you to all who will say a short prayer for me.

No comments: